Parents would want their children to stay protected at all times. For their physical health, vitamins and healthy foods can be prepared to keep it in excellent condition. However, to make sure that overall wellness is achieved, oral health should be maintained as well.
Parents may be wondering if there is any way to secure the healthy state of the teeth. We at TeethBuddies Pediatric Dentistry have good news! Preventive treatment in the form of Sealants got your childâ€™s teeth covered. For other options, we also offer fluoride treatments, prophylaxis (dental cleaning), and mouthguards.
A dental sealant is a thin layer of plastic materials placed on the teeth to flatten its surface. The teeth that benefit the most from the treatment are the molars and the premolars. The fissures and pits on the chewing surfaces of these teeth make them vulnerable to cavities. Covering these grooves can keep harmful substances like bacteria and food particles from causing damage to the teeth. Here are the other benefits of the procedure for children.
- The application of sealants does not require the removal of any tooth structure. It is ideal for children as it can be performed without causing them fear and discomfort.
- Although the material is applied thinly on the teeth, it can withstand normal chewing forces for lasting protection.
- Its protection can last for years. As soon as dentists notice that the sealant is worn down, reapplication can be performed.
- Sealants do not have any adverse effects on children. Also, addressing any health issues with the dentist can ensure their safety.
- Applying sealants as soon as the permanent molars and premolars erupt works best. Since children cannot clean their teeth properly, especially those at the back, having it protected beforehand can ensure its health.
Prevention is always better than cure when it comes to health. For the proper growth and development of children, ensuring that their oral health is in excellent condition is best. Avail of our sealants at TeethBuddies Pediatric Dentistry!
Your children also deserve outstanding dental care services! We provide Sealants in Milpitas, CA. Book your appointment with us at TeethBuddies Pediatric Dentistry and let us help your child achieve beautiful and healthy teeth!